Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 2, 2010

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

This is a recipe from one of my many talented sister-in-laws. It is SO delicious and very quick to throw together. I definitely recommend this recipe, especially for beginner cooks. Although, I do have to warn you, the forming of the meatballs is not for the squeamish. I don't particularly enjoy handling squishy raw meat, but I DO enjoy eating these meatballs. C'mon you can do it! Enjoy!
SWEET & SOUR MEATBALLS

1 lb. lean ground beef
¾ c. rolled oats
2 eggs, slightly beaten
½ c. finely chopped onion
½ c. milk
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
Few grains pepper

Combine all ingredients; mix well. Form into about 12 balls, each about
2 inches in diameter. Place in casserole dish. Cover with sauce (below).
Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes. Makes 6-8 servings, 2 large meatballs
each.

The Sauce:

½ c. brown sugar
¼ c. vinegar
1 tsp. prepared mustard
¼ c. BBQ sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Combine ingredients and blend thoroughly. Heat and pour over meatballs.
Serve over rice.

Pin It!

No comments: