Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 24, 2010

Sweet Salsa Chicken

This is an awesome recipe. My mom found it a couple years ago and it quickly became a family favorite. Especially the Sour Cream Salsa that goes on top. Oh my. I could eat that by itself. Try it, you won't be sorry. Enjoy.

SWEET SALSA CHICKEN

1 pkg. taco seasoning
4 chicken breasts
2 T. oil
1 c. salsa
¼ c. apricot jam
¼ c. water
1 T. cilantro
1 T. lime juice
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained
Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. In large skillet heat oil; add chicken and taco seasoning and cook until juices run clear. Add salsa, apricot jam, water, cilantro, and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in beans, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Serve over rice and top with sour cream salsa.

Sour Cream Salsa:
½ c. sour cream
1 tsp. lime zest
1 T. lime juice
3 T. cilantro, chopped
2 tomatoes, seeded & chopped


Pin It!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I had no idea you were a foodie too!! I came across this blog yesterday, and tried the Sweet Salsa Chicken. YUM!! Brian and I were in love :)

Can't wait to try more of your tastiness. :)

Elise said...

LOVE this recipe - we tried it with peach jam, and liked it even more!! Thanks for sharing! :)