Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 25, 2010

Stuffed Pecan Pie French Toast

MmHmm. Who doesn't like French Toast? Okay, I don't really want to hear it, if someone really doesn't, because it's my favorite breakfast. My husband found this amazing recipe and surprised me the other morning. It's definitely a keeper, and so is he!

STUFFED PECAN PIE FRENCH TOAST 

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 loaf cinnamon-swirl bread
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350°. Heat butter and brown sugar to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in pecans. Set aside.

Grease a baking sheet with butter. Place the bread slices on the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from sheet and set aside. 

Beat milk, eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla in medium bowl. Dip 8 slices toast into the batter and place on baking sheet. Spread a heaping tablespoons Of the pecan mixture onto each. Dip remaining slices toast into batter and place over nut filling to form a sandwich. 

Bake for 20 minutes or until hot. Sift confectioners' sugar over toast. Serve immediately.


Pin It!

No comments: