Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 13, 2010

Cranberry Pork Roast

My husband and I have a hard time saying we have a "favorite" anything....especially when it comes to food. But I do have a favorite restaurant. And in that favorite restaurant, I do have a favorite dish. 

For Mother's Day my awesome husband did research to find a recipe for that favorite dish and he made it for me! It was DELICIOUS! He did a great GREAT job. He so graciously agreed to let me publish his secret. He served this with fried polenta cakes, which I will have to post another day. YUM! 

And who doesn't like a dish done in the crock pot? Honestly, it's easy, AND you get to smell the yumminess all day long. Okay, I take that back. It's not so fun to smell something all day long when you're pregnant. That's never a good thing. Trust me, I know from past experience.  But this....this is something to enjoy. So...ENJOY!



CRANBERRY PORK ROAST 

2-3 lbs lean pork loin
Salt and  pepper
1 (15-oz) can whole cranberry sauce
3 oz pineapple juice
2 T. cider vinegar
1 T. Dijon mustard
2 T. honey
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 T. cornstarch
3 tsp. cold water

Rub salt and black pepper onto pork loin and place in crock pot. Add all of remaining ingredients except cornstarch and water. Turn crock pot on high for 1 hour and then cook on low for 5-6 hours. Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl and add last 15 minutes of cooking time which will help make the gravy. Remove loin onto a serving plate.






Pin It!

1 comment:

Ryan and Alicia said...

Mmmm....we had this for Sunday lunch and it was delicious! I fed my family who is visiting and they loved it. We used the leftovers for sandwiches. Thanks!