Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 19, 2010

Chicken Bacon Salad

Here it is. The filling for our pita pockets. This salad is wonderful by itself too. I got the idea from my favorite lunch restaurant. Since I don't work by that particular restaurant anymore, I made my own copy-cat of their pita salad. I've got to be honest though, I actually like mine better.

I mean, look at this...you can't tell me that doesn't look delicious. Enjoy!


CHICKEN BACON SALAD

1 head iceberg lettuce
1 cup chicken, cooked & chopped
 3 strips bacon
½ (10- oz.) package frozen peas 
1 tsp. sugar 
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
½ c. shredded Swiss cheese (or whatever cheese you have on hand)
2/3 c. chopped green onion
¼ c. mayonnaise
¼ c. salad dressing (miracle whip)

Wash lettuce and dry thoroughly. Dice bacon and sauté until crisp; drain on paper towels. Run hot water over frozen peas and drain. Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces into salad bowl. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper. Add peas, cheese, onion, mayonnaise, and salad dressing. Mix in chicken and bacon. Chill. Toss before serving. Makes 8 servings.


Pin It!

No comments: