Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 6, 2010

Cheater Tomato Soup


Hey, I get it. We can't always be Dr. Gourmet Chef Extraordinaire, right? But that doesn't mean we can't always "look" like Dr. Gourmet Chef Extraordinaire. 

Case in point. I love Tomato Soup. And I especially love homemade tomato soup. But sometimes I don't have time for such things. And sometimes we need a meal...and fast (I tend to get a little testy when I'm hungry- hey, I'm a "foodie" what do you expect?). So I've learned to "dress-up" my existing can of regular old tomato soup. In fact, I just had my cousin try this the other night and she was quick to compliment my "homemade soup."  Not so, my dear cousin! I just added a few extras for this easy fake-out. You should try it too, and let me know what you add to yours.

CHEATER TOMATO SOUP

1 can tomato soup
1/2 can milk
1/2 can water
1 clove fresh garlic (or garlic powder is fine)
1 tsp. basil (or italian seasoning)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Shredded cheese (I like Monterrey, but cheddar is good too)
Sour Cream
Tortilla chips

Heat soup with 1/2 can milk and 1/2 can water. This makes it creamy, but not TOO creamy. My husband prefers to do a whole can of my son's Vitamin D milk. So let me ask you why he stays so thin, when I'm the one at the gym every morning? Whatever works for you. Mix in the garlic, basil, salt and pepper. For serving, garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.

Good right? Yum!

Pin It!

No comments: