Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 21, 2010

Round Peasant Bread


This is my favorite bread. For a few reasons, it's quick, it's easy, it's a little crunchy on the outside, and a densely yumminess on the inside. I realize the above picture looks a lot like the home made buns I posted the other day. But this is a BIG loaf, not just some little bun. 

ROUND PEASANT BREAD

1 pkg. yeast
2 c. warm water
1 T. sugar
2 tsp. salt
4 c. flour
Cornmeal
Butter, melted

Place yeast, water, sugar, and salt in a warm bowl and stir until dissolved. Add flour and stir until blended. Do not knead. Cover and let rise one hour until doubled in size. Spray a cooking sheet with non-stick spray and sprinkle with corn meal. Flour hands, remove dough from the bowl and place in 2 rounds on cookie sheet (they will look like blobs, don’t worry!). Let rise an additional hour. Brush the top with melted butter and bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° and cook an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush again with butter. Serve warm.

This is the BEST BEST BEST bread with soup. We like to cut the loafs into strips, like bread sticks. And then we SMOTHER it with my home-made apricot jam. It's unreal. Trust me on this one. I mean, just look at this...


Pin It!

No comments: