Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 26, 2010

Corn Cakes

My husband and I don't have a lot of the same hobbies, but there is one DEFINITE thing we have in common...that is our love of food. But sometimes we have very differing tastes. For example, onions are basically "outlawed" in my parents' house because they give my dad heartburn. Where-as onions in my in-law's house, are in EVERY dish. "They're God's vitamin C," as my sweet mother-in-law would tell you. And I have to say I've been converted to onions. I don't put extra in, as my husband would like, but I do leave them in the recipe now.

Well corn cakes is one that I would NEVER try. But my husband loves them. And I have to say, they are pretty tasty! I'm glad we tried them. They are great as a side dish, especially with the BBQ Sauce I was telling you about. YUM! Enjoy.


CORN CAKES

2 c. mashed potatoes (we use instant to cut down on time)
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. cream corn
1 egg, beaten
3 T. chopped onion
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 T. vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients together and cook as pancakes.
Pin It!

No comments: