Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 7, 2010

Chicken & Wild Rice Soup

This is my favorite soup. It's healthy, filling, and quite elegant for being a soup. Don't be afraid to serve this for entertaining. Also, Costco's rotisserie chicken tastes great in this soup!

1 (6-oz) Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix (Uncle Ben's or Rice a Roni)
1 T. Olive Oil
1 1/2 c. red onion, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
1 c. carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg. mushrooms, quartered
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. tarragon
1/4 tsp. thyme
2 c. water
2 T. cooking sherry (or red wine vinegar)
2 (15-oz) cans chicken broth
1 (12-oz) can evaporated milk
3 c. chicken, cooked & shredded

Prepare rice according to package direction; set aside. Sauté onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil for 6 minutes. Add flour, tarragon, and thyme, cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add water, sherry, broth, and milk. Return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and chicken. Cook until heated through.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

You made this soup for us after Susan was born! So delicious. It went so well with that bread--I know it's in the family cookbook but you should post the recipe on here for others. I'm liking this food blog of yours. YUM!